Board Risk and Governance Workshop
- January 6 - December 24, 2020
Certified by the Institute of Risk Management (IRM) UK
This executive workshop gives directors (Executive and Non-executive) a broad yet comprehensive practical introduction to the subject of enterprise risk management. It explores both the positive and negative aspects of risk and aims to provide those attending with improved knowledge and in-depth practical skills in the identification, assessment, and treatment of organisational risks.
More than ever, there is increasing concerns regarding reputational impact of poor governance with many organisations now under greater regulatory scrutiny by both internal and external stakeholders (including regulators).
You will be guided by an experienced and competent strategic risk professional who has both sat on and advised boards on corporate governance and helped many orgabisations to enhance key performance outcomes or deliverables.
Boardroom competency in the area of risk management is now seen as a core skill.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- The emergence and definitions of risk, risk management and risk appetite (positive and negative risks);
- The links to corporate governance, performance outcomes and reward culture;
- Activities involved in identifying, assessing, evaluating, treating and monitoring risk events;
- The development of risk registers and their integration with resource and action planning;
- The barriers to embedding effective risk management culture within an organisation;
- Critical success factors that the board members should for look out for.
- Executive and Non – Executive Directors, Board Members
- Senior Management Teams
Course Contents Session 1: Introduction to Enterprise Risk Management
- Emergence of risk management and review of recent corporate failures
- Risk governance – three lines of defence (internal control system)
- What is risk, risk management, and enterprise risk management (ERM)?
- Solvency, capital and performance outcomes
Case Study & Group Exercise 1: Bow-ties
Session 2: The risk management process and current trends
- Practical steps to profiling (assessing) risk
- Application of risk management tools and techniques
- Risk treatment/control: design, performance, affirmation, and effectiveness
- Risk monitoring and review
Session 3: Risk management skills in making business decisions
- Risk appetite: definition, importance, and uses
- Risk registers and their integration into management processes
- Benefits of managing risks on time and the role of people (human factor)
Role play and Storytelling
Session 4: Embedding risk management culture – the role of the Board & Management
- Effective risk reporting (internal and external reporting)
- Risk engagement and communication techniques
- Unlocking barriers to embedding effective risk management culture
Questions and feedback
Date: All Year Round
Delegates Takeaway: CDP Certificate Attendance, Post Workshop Support
Enquiries: 08095550641, firstname.lastname@example.org