Compliance and Regulatory Risks Workshop
- August 22, 2019
- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Conrad Clark Training Hub, 3rd Floor Ibukun House, 14 Adetokunbo Ademola Street, (Opposite Eko Hotel), Victoria Island, Lagos.
Nigeria’s corporate landscape is littered with companies that have felt the wrath of a regulator, an arm of government or legal repercussions from law suits. This is also the case the world over. As companies continue to default, lose shareholder value and create systemic failure, regulators are getting tougher, issuing more regulations and demanding even more action from organizations.
Are you confident in your organization’s ability to scale a full-size regulatory audit from one of the bodies that regulates your industry? What processes do you have in place that ensure that your organization does not run foul of the law? How integrated are your operational and compliance processes to ensure that your front line understand the weight of regulations and the actions demanded of them?
This practical workshop focuses on key regulatory areas and the processes required to maintain compliance with the ever-changing landscape. It will delve into case studies of organizations that have felt the crush of regulations and how they survived it, if they did. Finally, it discusses risk-based approach to developing a compliance program that will stand the test of time.
After completing the course, you will:
- Appreciate the practical relationship between Governance, Risk and Compliance.
- Understand how regulatory changes can quickly impact your organization and bottom line
- Be able to develop a risk-based Compliance Program.
- Develop the skills required to design the integration points between compliance activities and operations,
- Gain the ability to diagnose compliance failures from case studies and understand the warning signs.
- Chief Compliance Officers
- Chief Risk Officers
- Compliance Officers
- Risk Managers
- Control Function Managers
- Legal Department Managers
9:00 AM — 12:00 PMIntroduction- Governance, Risk and Compliance - Importance of Governance, Risk and Compliance - Why it is important to know your regulator
12:00 PM — 4:00 PMRegulations and Political Risk- What is political risk? - Impact of political risk on regulations - How quickly can changes in regulation affect my organization’s bottom line?
9:00 AM — 1:00 PMRisk Based Compliance Program- Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance - Developing a Risk-based Compliance program - Testing your Compliance Program - Compliance Red Flags
1:00 PM — 4:00 PMCase Study
Date: Thursday, 22nd August 2019.
Venue: Conrad Clark Training Hub, 3rd Floor Ibukun House, 14 Adetokunbo Ademola Street, (Opposite Eko Hotel), Victoria Island, Lagos.
Cost: #85,000 (VAT Excl).
Delegates Takeaway: CDP Certificate Attendance, Post Workshop Support
Enquiries: 08095550641, email@example.com