Effective Data Analysis and Risk Modelling Workshop
- July 20 – 24, 2020
- 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
This course will expose you to the data analytics practices executed in the business world. We will explore such key areas as the analytical process, how data is created, stored, accessed, and how the organization works with data and creates the environment in which analytics can flourish. Also, you will learn how logical and physical data modeling can give you a better understanding of your organization’s data, business rules, and information architecture decisions
What you learn in this course will give you a strong foundation in all the areas that support analytics and will help you to better position yourself for success within your organization. You’ll develop skills and a perspective that will make you more productive faster and allow you to become a valuable asset to your organization.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Apply concepts, techniques and tools of modern data management and analysis
- Understand the purpose and benefits of data modelling
- Learn about the emerging trends in data analytics and data analytics methodology
- Deep dive into data analytics and visualization techniques using hands-on exercises.
- Learn how to apply data analytics to help manage your organization’s risks.
- Transform huge data repositories into valuable business information to improve business operations
- Risk, Finance and Business Officers and Analyst
- Professionals and decision-makers needing to perform or use data analysis and risk modeling in risk finance, marketing, operations, risk management, engineering, project risk analysis, safety risk assessments to inform decision-making.
- Data and Risk Analyst/Modelers
- Research Analyst
9:00 AM — 12:00 PMIntroduction to Data Analysis- The importance of data to the organisation - Data, information and business intelligence - Applying data analysis to understand the organisation - Using data analysis in business analysis
12:00 PM — 4:00 PMPrinciples of data analysis- Rationale for analyzing and modelling data - Techniques used in data analysis - Analysis class modelling and normalization of data
9:00 AM — 1:00 PMIntroduction to quantitative risk analysis and Monte Carlo- Core ideas of risk analysis - What is a probability distribution? - How scenarios are generated, outputs produced and analyzed, why it works - Distributions, most common univariate distributions in finance - Introduction to statistical descriptors-mean, mode, standard deviation, skewness, kurtosis - Example financial model and exercise
1:00 PM — 4:00 PMStochastic Time Series- Trend, volatility, seasonality, autocorrelation, cyclicity, mean reversion - Markov chains and Multi-variate time series - Discussion of attributes and application of different stochastic time series - Example model and exercise
Date: 20-24 Jul, 14-18 Sept, 2020.
Venue: Online workshop (5days).
Cost: #90,000 (VAT Excl).
Delegates Takeaway: CDP Certificate Attendance, Post Workshop Support
Enquiries: 08095550641, firstname.lastname@example.org