- June 25 – 27, 2018
- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
(A 3 day Workplace Health & Safety Workshop)
A course accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (UK)
This course is an introduction to managing health and safety giving those attending the knowledge and skills to manage the health and safety issues that many managers face on a daily basis.
Think safety is expensive? Then try having an accident. Your organisation may have insurance which covers some costs but it won’t bring back that time lost or the reputational damage to its operation. By managing safety more effectively, you will contribute to the success your organisation’s strategy enabling it to be more robust and realistic. Senior managers will have increased confidence that employees and other stakeholder are safe and then shareholders’ value will not only be enhanced but also protected.
To provide delegates with;
- an understanding of the responsibility of everyone in the workplace.
- the ability to recognise how they can influence, control and monitor risks to improve safety and health in the workplace.
Facilities Management and
Health and Safety Professionals
At the end of the course the delegates will be able to;
- Outline the main reasons for managing health and safety.
- Define the key terms relating to health and safety.
- Describe how to assess, reduce and control risks in their workplace.
- Identify workplace hazards and risk, their impact and how they can be managed.
- Outline how to respond to an incident.
- Identify the benefits to their organisation of an effective health and safety management system
- Describe the principles that underpin health and safety performance
Managing Safely Modules
- Introducing Managing Safely
Some managers see health and safety as an add-on to their role. The first module makes it clear that managers are accountable for their teams and makes a case for managing safely.
- Assessing health and safety risks
This module defines and demystifies ‘risk’ and ‘risk assessment’. Risk assessments and a simple scoring system are introduced and delegates will carry out a simple risk assessment exercise.
- Controlling health and safety risks
This session looks at minimising risks concentrating on the best techniques to control key risks and how to choose the right method.
- Understanding responsibilities
This module looks at international standards for health and safety and introduces the concept of a health and safety management system.
- Identifying hazards
There are many hazards common to most work areas this module covers what they are, how they arise and how they can be controlled.
- Investigating accidents and incidents
Can accidents be prevented? This module starts with the reasons why accidents should be investigated and goes onto cover why things go wrong and how to carry out an investigation when they do.
- Measuring performance
Checking performance can help health and safety. Delegates learn how to develop basic performance indicators and appreciate the reasons for auditing and monitoring.