Dr Mamsallah Faal-OMISOREMBBS MRCGP MSc DCH DRCOG DTM&H
"I believe in the significance of primary healthcare. The need to provide a holistic approach to the patient experience of healthcare is pivotal to the success of healthcare systems throughout the world"
- High quality person-centred clinical care
- Clinical trainer: primary care
- Trainer: communication skills in clinical care
- Guideline and protocol development: primary care
- Curriculum development: primary care
- Health policy consultant: primary care and health systems
- Intercalated BSc Psychology
- Diploma: Child Health
- Diploma: Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Diploma: Tropical Medicine & Hygiene
- Member: Royal College of General Practitioners (UK)
- MSc: Global Health Policy (LSHTM)
Dr Mams is a primary care physician, health educator and health policy consultant.
A medical graduate of University College London and a Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (UK); she has additional qualifications in global health policy, infectious diseases and maternal and child health. She has extensive experience in medical education and primary care research; all of which have proven invaluable in giving insights to addressing health challenges individually and collectively.
She is passionate about high quality health delivery despite the challenges of resource constraints and believes that initiative and innovation can make the difference.
She currently works part-time in clinical practice in Lagos, Nigeria offering personalised high-quality care augmented by health literacy promotion activities ranging from public health talks to media appearances. In addition, she delivers medical education and training for health professionals at all levels of the healthcare value chain. She is also a clinical team member of Primary Care International – an NGO led by primary health physicians who collaborate with institutions and governments to support and strengthen health systems. From a strategic perspective, she works as a health policy advisor/consultant to government and NGOs in the sub-region
Relevance of Experience:
- Primary care clinician: UK, South Africa, Nigeria
- Operational Research: interface of HIV and primary care with publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Programme management: HIV primary care
- Clinical Lecturer: Family Medicine
- Facilitator: Communication skills training, medical education services, Medical Protection Society, SA
- Faculty: Epi-Afric
- Faculty: Healthcare Leadership Academy
- Faculty: Society for Quality Healthcare Nigeria
- Clinical Team Member: Primary Care International
- Consultancies: Aké Partners, Opolox data, WellNewMe
- Member: Working groups: Citizens, families and children & social media. Health Information for All.