Emma CundiffAssociate Partner
"Risk management: Don’t just do it because you have to or to tick a box. Do it because it’s the right thing to do - it saves lives, improves business stability, enhances communities and benefits economies."
- Developing and implementing Enterprise Risk and Health and Safety management frameworks
- Experienced health and safety professional specialising in manufacturing, chemical safety and biotechnology
- Auditing compliance with management framework and legal compliance
- Developing bespoke training programmes and tailoring courses to meet client requirements;
- Experience trainer and facilitator responds rapidly to changes in course content.
- Examiner for the NEBOSH – certificate and diploma
- Certified Fellow, Institute of Risk Management (UK)
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and HeaIth (UK)
- Fellow of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management
- Member of the Institute of Directors (UK)
Emma is an internationally recognised expert in enterprise risk and safety with a down to earth approach to advising and implementing on risk and safety. Her in-depth knowledge spans both public and private sectors. Transferable skills include: development and implementation of risk management and safety and health strategies; safety audits/ business impact assessments; training from shop floor to board level; corporate governance and skills in running successful companies; excellent people skills in securing buy-in to proactive risk and safety and health management.
Emma has set up and led two risk management consultancy and training businesses. She has been instrumental in the development and delivery of courses that are accredited by the Institute of Risk Management (IRM), the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) and the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) as well as providing consultancy for a number of clients.
- Strategy: She has worked closely with boards and senior management teams, to secure buy-in to the financial and other benefits of reducing business risk and adopts a common-sense approach to improving health and safety as opposed to just insuring against disaster and ticking boxes.
- Enterprise Risk Management: Formerly a Director of the Institute of Risk Management (IRM) and Chief Examiner with outstanding theoretical knowledge supported by an excellent track record as a consultant and trainer in improving profitability by reducing risk.
- Health & Safety Management: Highly qualified with experience in improving safety across every type of organisation from Biotechnology and manufacturing companies to Government ministries. Projects are based on structured audits and assessments and well-developed action plans suited to the organisation’s requirements.
- Business Development: Successfully developed a blue chip client base in consultancy, training and a smaller one for a software measurement tool. Good at networking and building trust based on total professionalism.
- People & Training: Established a very successful training centre as well as taking training to clients at every level leading to the award of appropriate corporate and personal certification.