Joachim A. AdenusiManaging Partner
"Pro-active use of risk management skills in an engaging and inspirational way guarantees improvement in performance outcomes, cost efficiency, sustainability of set goals, delivery of capital Investments, motivated people and positive corporate culture."
- Enterprise Risk Management and Modelling;
- Data Science, Statistical and Actuarial Techniques;
- Value and Change Management – Major Infrastructure Projects;
- Storytelling, Workshop Facilitation and Stakeholders Engagement;
- Portfolio, Programmes and Project Management;
- Corporate Governance, Performance and Capital Management;
- Solvency II, Basel III and other regulatory requirements
- Certified Fellow, Institute of Risk Management (UK)
- Chartered Insurer & ACII (UK)
- Actuarial Science & Statistics (Cass Business School)
- Part Qualified Actuary
- Value Management (IVM, UK)
- Project Management (UK)
Consulting Partner and a key member of the UK Institute of Risk Management and the US St. Thomas University Risk Thought Leaders with over 25 years’ experience across sectors and industries. Joachim’s current position as an independent risk consultant encompasses leading and opening new businesses, using his unique storytelling approach to managing risk exposures, providing clarity on the link between risk management, performance improvements and shareholder’s capital maximisation.
Joachim’s main responsibilities include: leading and managing
multi-disciplinary teams (quantitative and qualitative tools for risk analysis and reporting), requiring close liaison with client strategic team leads and other stakeholders.
Suitability to a Senior Risk Consulting Role
Joachim’s in-depth knowledge of enterprise risk management, governance, performance monitoring and major projects/programmes risk validation is extensive, demonstrated by his involvement and delivery of the AVIVA Group Plc external Solvency 2 risk governance validation, National Friendly Board risk appetite and framework design and implementation, Tokio Marine; HCC Int. Lloyds Syndicate; ACCA Global risk communication awareness project, Head of Risk of the second largest county and NHS Foundation Hospital in the UK etc.
He has successfully assisted in setting up the smooth running of two successful risk consulting firms; one in the UK and other in Africa.
Relevance of Experience
Joachim’s extensive experience is gained from leading different teams delivering:
- Risk framework, policies and validation, design and implementation
- Risk culture, maturity modelling and communications strategy
- Measuring performance in relation to budgetary assumptions and corporate strategy
- Solvency II – Pillars 1,2,3 and ORSA Consultant
- Risk appetite setting, emerging risks, stress testing, scenario planning, business continuity and emergency planning
- Corruption, bribery, Anti – Money Laundry and Compliance risk assessment
- Worked as outsourced/Interim Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
- Major Programmes and Projects Risk Audit, Validation and Assurance